Aloha! We appreciate your interest in fostering an animal from the Oahu SPCA. Our animals have been rescued from living on the streets and are in desperate need of the extra special care and love that can be given to them by you as a Foster parent. Taking one of these animals into your home for a period of a few days, weeks, or months can be a lifesaving gift to them. And it will benefit the shelter by freeing up badly-needed kennel space for other animals.
Our Foster Program is divided into two levels:
- The Foster level gives you the chance to give a temporary home to an animal until he/she is adopted.
- The Foster-to-Adopt level gives you the chance to foster an animal with the intent of adopting him/her.
To be considered as a Foster Parent, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
- Willing to participate actively in the foster program according to their level of fostering.
- Be able and willing to spend the time necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for your animal.
For more information, or to apply, please contact the shelter or visit us.