OAHU SPCA COVID-19 UPDATE:
As the Oahu SPCA continues to practice social distancing we also understand the importance of keeping Your animals healthy and current on medications. We are currently still taking appointments at our Wellness Clinic in Wahiawa by offering Curbside Service to limit contact. Below is some information to help determine if your pet needs to be seen during this time:
- IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SIGNS OF ILLNESS INCLUDING FEVER, COUGH OR FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS DO NOT BRING YOUR PET IN FOR AN APPOINTMENT
- Currently our Petco Vaccine Clinics have been suspended due to COVID-19 precautions. We will still be offering wellness care/vaccines at our Wahiawa clinic
- Adult animals that were previously fully vaccinated and are currently due for vaccines will be safe to wait a month or 2 beyond their due dates in an effort to limit the amount of people entering/exiting the clinic. If you pet needs vaccines updated and cannot wait please call to schedule a Curbside Appointment.
- If your pet is going through its puppy/kitten vaccine series do your best to keep them on schedule by scheduling a Curbside Appointment. In the event you are not able stick to your current vaccine schedule keep your pet isolated from others to prevent exposure to contagious disease. Once you are able to bring your pet in we will create a new vaccine schedule to ensure they are fully protected.
- If your animal is in need of a medication/prevention refill, please call first so we can verify we have the medication in stock and you don’t have to wait for the prescription to be filled. We will be making exceptions on a case by case basis for animals who would normally need an exam or heartworm test if necessary.
- As a low cost, wellness clinic we are unable to provide advanced care for emergency situations. Please bring your pet to a full service/emergency veterinary clinic for anything beyond vaccines and simple illness (i.e. ear infections, skin infections, allergy control, etc.). Our receptionist will let you know if we are able to help your pet when you call to make an appointment.
Thank you for your understanding as we all work together to keep our community healthy and control the spread of COVID-19. The American Veterinary Medical Association reports that the CDC, OIE and WHO indicate there is no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including COVID-19 to people.
To Make an Appointment:
Please Call (808) 754-1519
Or Email Info@OahuSPCA.org